Who We Work With
The Broadband Commission collaborates with a variety of partners to advance our work and fulfill our mission of bringing Universal Connectivity to the top of the global policy agenda. Below is a sample of organizations we have worked with to advance this goal:
Our Guiding Principles
Through the engagement of the Commissioners and their teams, the Broadband Commission fully leverages the expertise and the intellectual capital of its collective membership. The Commission bases its work in the following principles:
Inclusivity & Equality
The Commission at a Glance
Commission Composition and Working Processes
- The size of the Commission is between 50 and 55 Commissioners.
- New Commissioners are executive level representatives.
- The term of a Commissioner is 4 years.
- The Commission strives to have a balanced representation across a variety of stakeholders.
- Under normal conditions, Commissioners will attend, in person, at least one of the Broadband Commission bi-annual meetings (Spring & Fall Meeting).
- The Commission uses a consensual/unified approach as the mechanism to reach and endorse its collective decisions (for example with the outcomes of the Working groups, the advocacy position papers, recommendations of the State of Broadband report.
- A suitable and practical number of Working Groups is defined annually, with four being best practice, according to the workload of the Commission on relevant matters and subjects of importance for the Commission.